Manufactured to look and fit like the O.E.M. unit, Forecast import and domestic rotors are constructed from these high-performance materials:
- Polypropylene, PBT, Moplen, or Thermoset molding material on rotor body for maximum dielectric strength.
- Brass, stainless, or nickel-plated steel rotor vanes and shaft bushings for excellent conductivity and long wear.
- O.E.M.-style shaft-retention clips where required for positive rotor-to-shaft retention.
- R.P.M.-limiter where specified by Forecast to protect engine overrevving.
- RFI resistor where specified by Forecast to eliminate radio static.
Units are molded with high temperature and high die-electric plastics. Brass terminals on certain models surpass corrosion prone Forecast aluminum terminals in long term testing.